Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yay, the election is over! No more political ads! No more piles of mailers! No more automated messages on my answering machine! *Cue choir singing "Hallelujah!"*

Well, for two more years, anyway. Make that a year and a half, then the madness starts all over again.

My voting experience yesterday couldn't have been easier, there was no line when I went. I'm hoping that it was just because I went in the middle of the day, when most people were at work. I walked in, voted, and left; the whole experience took about 10-15 minutes at the most. Now, to wait for the final results, which could take weeks in many of the close national races.

I watched Good Night, and Good Luck yesterday while killing time waiting for results to come in; it was a VERY good movie, highly recommended. The incorporation of real footage of McCarthy definitely had an impact that couldn't have been achieved by actors recreating the scenes, no matter how good. There he was, the real man, attacking his real victims in his own words. No scripts, no actors, (for those scenes) no margin for doubt that his actions as shown on screen were exaggerated for dramatic effect. This movie shows him for the power-hungry, fear-mongering bully he was. David Strathairn did an incredible job of portraying Edward R. Murrow, the only journalist brave enough to take him on directly. George Clooney was solid as Fred Friendly, his producer. The rest of the cast had solid performances as well. This movie will definitely be added to my collection.