Sunday, October 30, 2005

(Buddhist) Quote for the Day: "It is necessary to cultivate some discipline of mind, for an undisciplined mind always finds excuses to act selfishly and thoughtlessly. When the mind is undisciplined, the body is also undisciplined, and so is speech and action."--Anguttara Nikaya

I need a heavy dose of discipline. As much as I've been complaining about other people's (mostly training clients) selfishness and thoughtlessness, I realized today I've been all kinds of selfish and thoughtless myself lately. A disturbing and humbling realization, indeed. I've mostly been noticing it in my internal thoughts, feelings, and attitude, but I can't help but wonder how much of it has been translated into my outward actions and demeanor. I hope to gods it hasn't come out nearly as much as I suspect it probably has. I have some serious self-adjusting to do.