Friday, November 11, 2005

My "What the...???" Moment of the Day: Setting: Target, in the checkout line...(Italics indicate my thoughts.)

Clerk: Hi, how are you today?
Me: I'm doing pretty well thanks, how are you?
Clerk: That dog has been on my mind all day, I don't know what the deal is.
Me: ???
Clerk: I just don't know what I'm gonna do.
Me: ?!?!?! *nodding as if I know what the *bleep* she's talking about.*
Clerk: A trip to the veterinarian and Christmas time don't exactly mix, ya know?
Me: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Clerk: I might take him to the Humane Society and see if I can get it financed.
Me: Uh, huh. What the hell is she talking about?!?! I've never met her in my life, WHY IS SHE TALKING TO ME AS IF I'M FAMILIAR WITH THE SITUATION?!?!?!
Clerk: Well, thanks. Have a nice day.
Me: Thanks, you too! Ya FREAK!!!