Sunday, March 26, 2006

This weekend was great! Friday I worked a much earlier shift than normal, and that night Fritz and I had dinner at his brother's house. It was a very relaxing evening; dinner was delicious, and we had fun visiting with his brother, sister-in-law, and little nephew.

Saturday we went to Clancy Day in Windsor. I got authorized to compete in single sword fencing, yay me! I can legally compete in tournaments now! And fence in the tournament I did. They ran two tournaments--one a round-robin format, the other a bear pit. Fritz and I fenced in both tournaments, and while neither of us won very much (Fritz won more than I did), we had a lot of fun, fencing quite a few people we'd never faced before. Also, one of the other fencers pointed out a mistake I'd been making, and gave me some advice on how to correct it. I took the advice, and did much better after that. All in all it was a good time. We left after the tournaments were over.

That night we went to a birthday party for one of Fritz's friends, whom I hadn't met before. It was a fun group of people and we had a nice time, though we didn't stay very late. We were both still tired from getting up early for the event and fencing much of the day.

Overall, it was a great weekend; I'm so excited about getting authorized, and can't wait to fence in more tournaments!

Watching: Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel
Reading: Phoenix by Steven Brust