Monday, October 31, 2005

Saturday night was the annual BYOP (Bring Your Own Pumpkin) party thrown by my friends Shawn and Melanie. It was a great time, we carved pumpkins (of course), ate some AMAZING food (Scharffenberger brownies w/ Scharffenberger-heavy cream ganache, anyone?), and watched scary-ish movies (Batman Returns-scarily bad, A Series of Unfortunate Events-cute and scaryish, and The Serpent and the Rainbow-scary zombies/Bill Pullman sex scene scary). And I got to see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while. AND, I got to taste Melanie's Mead of Mystery, which has aged very nicely, and tastes much like butterscotch. Good times! Thanks ladies, for throwing such a great party!

I also got pictures of two or three of the finished pumpkins (including the most twisted, Tim Burton-esqe creation), which I may post soon.

Current state: Bored at work
Listening to: Rob Zombie, Metallica, System of a Down
Reading: Bryson and Bradley (still, haven't had much time to read)