Tuesday, December 13, 2005

This past weekend was FABULOUS! The open house on Saturday went really well. There was a good turnout, and we found out that we were getting paid to be there after all, which was great. (We were under the impression they would be sticking us with flex time instead, which would've been REALLY annoying.)

Saturday night I went over to Lavinia's and hung out with her and her 13-year-old step-sister. Lavinia got the idea to try "dog-sledding" (and I use this term loosely) on a plastic sled behind her two dobermans. Our attempts were, um, amusing. I can only imagine what one of her neighbors must've been thinking as they drove by. We then watched the first Harry Potter film, and Lavinia taught me how to play chess. I lost, but managed to take out a bunch of her pieces. Good times.

Sunday I went to fencing practice, which was a blast. I now look like I was beaten, but it was worth it. After fencing I spent a VERY pleasant evening hanging out with Fritz, which was the BEST part of the entire weekend!